Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Loss of Your Child

 How do you live with the regret, the loss of your own child
To know she is no longer yours, but someone else’s child
You cannot hug her, hold her, or give her the love you suppress
What a devastating toll on your life, you wish to express

She is growing up, not knowing that you even exist
Your pain and suffering cannot simply be dismissed
You feel alone, that no one understands how you must deal
That someone take the time to listen, your wholehearted appeal

She was taken from your life, disappeared without a trace
Some day you hope to meet the thief, eye to eye, face to face
To ask her why she did something, which you could not have done
Take your child away from her father, and live on the run

Sharing not a morsel, of your daughter’s life, memories gone
What you have lost, never to know, keeps you awake past dawn
The first man she called, “Daddy”, and it was not you, that’s pain
It was not me that kept us apart, one day, I wish to explain

I will share with my daughter, all the thoughts I have of her
My feelings of anger, anguish, and sorrow, not aimed at her
What we have missed, we missed, and can no longer achieve
One day we shall know each other again, I have to believe

No comments:

Post a Comment